Sunday 14 June 2009

A road less travelled


Nostalgia is when you wish u had a genie's lamp where u could rub easily and you could travel back in space. Nostalgia is when you thank the stars up above for your happy moments. Nostalgia is when u find a tear in Ur eye when u think about the moments that flew by. Nostalgia is when u find self smiling in vain and scorning in contempt.

The same happened to me 2 weeks back; and brought back memories; in snapshots and silhouettes.

My Best Friends [ Dalreen, Naomi and Simone ] and me as usual decided to go out on a walk. Instead of walking around our usual I C , we took the untrodden path [pun unintended] . And started walking towards our school.

This trip down the lane took me to a trip to my past .

3 years back , I used to talk around these places with 2 of my girl friends ; Mellisa and Arlene .

There . . . it was the bus stop where we used to wait for each other to reach classes. And soon after classes , we used to go to our home away from home - MC Donald's. Our local hangout where we would go on nattering for hours together .

As i walked along, I reminisced where Mellisa , Arlene and L@#$%S walked together and still had loads to speak about. The pani - puri wala where v used to have pani-puri every second day. The vada-pav wali who v used 2 appreciate. [ Yea...it was actually a woman !! ] The first rains where we all 4 got wet and splashed water on each other [ we were 16 den...and were officially kiddos . :) ] .

The happiness when we saw Spark ; Mellisa's pet Labrador and how we babied him.

Arlene's building down there where used to be our adda ; v used to sit on bikes and comment on aunties , babies , oldies and watchmen. yes..We Neva felt nobody from our list. ;P

Eventually, Sim, Dalz , Neo and me winded up at "Fizzy" , a soda palour. Nostalgia struck me here to..!! Just as We were sipping on our drinks . . I saw L@#$%S enter with some of her Junior College friends . We are no longer friends..without getting into the details.

When i thought dis was enough nostalgia to last me a lifetime ; i was wrong. It started raining . .!!! It felt so magical , uplifting , emancipating and obviously nostalgic.

And it obviously left me happy for the rest of the night !!!

Thank you Mellisa and Arlene . . for spending some really lovely, happy, funny moments with me. I am tagged to u all my life.

4 comments:

MrNarci said...

::sniff sniff::
I remember my school days now!

Julie Sam said...

and y is dat???

Sim.aquamarine89 said...

actually...that day was one of a kind...i wish we get more of such days

Julie Sam said...

yes..!!!
if only we were as lucky as last year..and spend most of urtym together..!!
:P