Wednesday 2 July 2014

Joke

I may be 24 but I feel nothing more than a 14 year old. As a girlwho's in her 20's, I feel cheated. Or at some point in time, I expect God to tell me that I was being punk'd. Turns out this is reality and I've turned into a joke.

You see, the illusions in my head made me believe life in the 20s would be 'glamorous', if I could use that term. Dinner with friends after work, dancing, movie marathons, all this and more were to be a major part of my 20s. (It's funny how dates never were a part of this deal.) Circa 2014, friends, I have are not more than my fingers. Dancing? You mad bro. Two left feet and left hands, that's me now. Love? I figured there's no convention where I'd meet my man and he'd realise in that very moment that we were soulmates. Turns out I was wrong.

I think I have a theory about life turning out to be this disappointing. I've realized that none of us have changed. Maybe 20 percent here and there. But that's about it. I believe we still are kids who still dream about a better future. Dreaming, just dreaming. Never, hardly working towards it. Though, we still carry stars in our eyes. The light may have got dull, dim, but that's what's taking us forward. Or dreams.

Perhaps why I don't want to face reality ever again.


1 comment:

W!((!@M said...

yay !! someone started writing here again !!