Tuesday 28 September 2010

Puerile Life

Scene 1

Age 10  - gets in with dad in the train. Daddy is taking me to office.!!  Hip hip hurray. Dad will get “hotel food”;  dad will take me to the sea, will buy clothes for me,  will show off to his office friends how smart I am. While I will just flash my teeth to everyone; even in front of Rachel my “bigger” sis, she will be so jealous.  I reach office. I am so bored within 15 mins. I get *cold* Limca juice.  I am bored. Try talking to Rachel.  Maybe we will fight and time will go by. Another hour.
 12 00 pm - Another bottle of Limca. I am hungry now. I wail for that “Chinese hotel food”. Papa’s friends had me the dirty yellow economic times. They tell me to type. It’s a race game. If I can type 500 words in an hour.  Food is served to me in the next 30 minutes. I am now full and can’t breathe.  I sleep on the 2 merged plastic chairs.
5 00 pm - we go to the beach. my shiny heel shoes has lost its shine n become brown. but dad will buy a new one for me right now . :P
6 00 pm - we are back in the train with me standing at the window seat and Rachel behind me :P  :) Life is bliss.

Scene 2

Age 20 - taken a break from college. Intend to pursue journalism in the forthcoming year.  Doing odd jobs to be never parched on pocket money. And I slowly learn the value of money.  Travelling by bus or sometimes by train instead of the usual ricks. Un-officially groped in trains and buses. In buses by men. In trains by women.  


Report to wo(e)rk office 30 mins late.  I pretend to do work. Boss vents all his inadequacies’ at his employees.  Its 12pm.  Time for instant gratification. Food. Devour every morsel of my dejeuner. Prolong every moment of the lunch time. Fucking bastard gives mean, angry, vengeful look as soon as I start bitching about him. Is this what is called telepathy??
 4 00 pm – chai time. 20 mins in washroom.. 1 and a half hour more. Goes online under the impression of replying 2 mails that is a part of my job.  Chats and vents out anger with snbhat. 6 45 pm – washroom time again. Pay peanuts, get monkeys is my mantra for work. Time to fuck off. Life is bliss ?

( this is a work of pure imagination at work. none of this is related to the authoress)


4 comments:

Manjula Puranik said...

" this is a work of pure imagination at work. none of this is related to the authoress. :D "

oh sure :p :p
am wondering when u gave the same statement in your previous posts,even that was true or not :p

W!((!@M said...

hmmm very interesting ..... u like having pic on ur blog na?? ... u really make sure u have good pics!! :D..

Julie Sam said...

@manju..
dis is defn not true..!!! all mirch masala added..!!! and dis wud be the potential 4 d catergory of worst employeee..!!

Julie Sam said...

@william...
true, That..!!!
I <3 pics on my blog..!!! :D
and I make sure I only use the ones 2 suit the temperaments..!!! :)